On average, a person sleeps for 7 Hours and 50 Minutes per night. Considering that life expectancy for countries in the Western world is about 80 years you’ll spend 26.6 years of your life asleep.
That’s almost 1/3 of your time on this planet. And yet, we feel tired so often. Just look at the person sitting next to you at the office, on the couch, or at Starbucks. Sleep plays a big role in our lives we depend on it. Have you ever had a bad day and said it was because of a lack of sleep? It sucks
Here are some sleep hacks, you should probably try:
- Read a book: If you love books start reading. If I have to recommend something to do before sleeping this would be it. More often, you can sleep peacefully after after reading an awesome book as you can also dream about it.
- No screens before bedtime :Try not to read any text or scroll 15 minutes before sleeping. Simply, you cannot be distracted.
- Sleep with a notepad : Every evening plan your next day, so this becomes obsolete. And when you go to bed, You can close your eyes knowing you are going to have a productive day tomorrow
- Have a bath: Clean your self before sleeping for a sound sleep
- Change your sheets : Yes, Sometimes your mind needs to be fresh so change your sheets for a new bed look.
The point with sleep is not to overthink it. When you stop giving sleep attention, you can focus on what matters—to get some rest so you can wake up full of energy the next day.